Modifying a Quiz During Availabilty and Regrading Student Attempts
As best practice, we recommend reviewing all questions & answers, checking for errors and previewing the quiz before making it available to students. However, in the event that you need to make a change or correction during the quiz’s availability and regrade your students’ attempts, please follow the steps below:Quizzes - Edit a Question During its Availability - Instructor (YouTube)
NOTE: If students have already submitted their attempts or have an attempt in progress while you are making the change, then you will need to regrade their submissions. We recommend doing this after everyone has completed the quiz to avoid any complications. Also, automatic regrading may not be possible with certain question types.
1. To regrade attempts, click on Assessments. From the dropdown menu, select Quizzes.
2. Click on the small triangle to the left of a specific Quiz, select Grade.
3. Click the Question tab and select Update All Attempts
4. Scroll to the bottom of them page to the Questions that are not in the quiz anymore section. Click on the question you’d like to regrade
5. Select the Give to attempts with answer ** points option. Ensure that you modify both the incorrect and correct answer option. Assign 0 point for the incorrect answer. Click Save. Assign 1 point for the correct answer. Repeat until you have assigned a value for each answer you have for the question.
For example, to modify a true/false question type where True was previously set as the correct answer, do the following:
- Give to attempts with answer False 1 points > Save
- Give to attempts with answer True 0 points > Save