Associating your quiz with a grade item
D2L can automatically grade quizzes for you and send scores to the gradebook. By default, a quiz is not associated with the gradebook. You should create an association so scores will transfer from a quiz to a Grade Item. We recommend using the grades tool to create your gradebook first, before creating your quizzes.
Watch how to associate a grade item with a quiz
- From the Edit Quiz screen select the Assessment tab.
- To allow D2L to automatically calculate each student’s quiz grade for you, select Allow attempt to be set as graded immediately upon completion.
- To be able to send grades to the gradebook, click on the word none to bring up a list of grade items from your gradebook; select the Grade Item associated with this quiz.
- To allow graded quizzes to transfer to the gradebook automatically, select Allow automatic export to grades.
- Click the Save button to remain in this tab (or Save and Close to save your changes and exit the quiz).