Creating and managing polls
The polling feature for meetings allows you to create single choice or multiple choice polling questions for your meetings.
To enable Polling for your own use:
1. Go to Settings, select Meeting.
2. Navigate to the Polling option on the Meeting tab and verify that the setting is enabled. If the setting is disabled, click the toggle to enable it. If a verification dialog displays, choose Turn On to verify the change.
Creating a poll
1. Go to the Meetings page and click on your scheduled meeting. If you do not have a scheduled meeting, schedule a meeting now.
2. From the meeting management page, scroll to the bottom to find the Poll option. Click Add to begin creating the poll.
3. Enter a title and your first question.
- (Optional) Check the box to make the poll anonymous, which will keep the participant’s polling information anonymous in the meeting and in the reports.
- Select whether you want the question to be single choice(participants can only choose one answer) or multiple choice question(participants can choose multiple answers).
4. Type in the answers to your question and click Save at the bottom.
5. If you would like to add a new question, click Add a Question to create a new question for that particular poll.
6. You can add more polls by repeating Step 2.
You can also create a poll by clicking Polling during the meeting. This will open up your default web browser where you can add additional polls or questions.
Note: You can only create a max of 25 polls for a single meeting.
Launching a Poll
1. Start the scheduled Zoom meeting that has polling enabled.
2. Select the Polling option in the menu bar.
3. Select the poll you would like to launch.
4. Click Launch Poll.
5. The participants in the meeting will now be prompted to answer the polling questions. The host will be able to see the results live.
6. Once you would like to stop the poll, click End Poll.
7. If you would like to share the results to the participants in the meeting, click Share.8
8. Participants will then see the results of the polling questions.
Downloading a report of poll results
You can download a report of the poll results after the meeting. If registration was turned on and the poll was not anonymous, it will list the participants’ names and email addresses. If registration was not on, it will show the results, but list the users as “Guest”. If the poll was anonymous, it will show “anonymous” for the participants’ names and email addresses.
To learn more about downloading a report, go to the Zoom support page: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/216378603