On March 12, 2017, Adobe Connect Meeting has been upgraded from version to 9.2.1 to 9.5.6 to address a number of known issues as well as to ensure that our campus community has access to the program’s new features and improved tools.
Please refer to the following pages to find out what’s new and the specific issues that have been resolved:
NOTE: The University of Calgary has an on-premise license. Please note that some of the tools listed on the Adobe website may not be available or enabled on campus. Please disregard release notes relating to “universal voice and integrated telephony solutions” (dial-in/ out phone feature), Seminars and Events.
Here are a few things we would like to highlight:
- If you are a Meeting Host or a Presenter, it is recommended that you install the latest release of the Adobe Connect add-in: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/kb/adobe-connect-9-5-add-in-release-notes.html
- There have been some Screen Sharing Enhancements (ie changes to the Share My Screen functionality): http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/adobeconnect/pdfs/web-conferencing/Whats-New-AC9.3.pdf
- Recordings/ archives can now be saved in MP4 format: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/release-note/connect-95-whats-new.html#OfflineRecordingsinMP4format
- Previously, iOS (iPad & iPhone) users were not able to connect to an Adobe Connect Meeting that was created within a D2L course unless they were given the direct URL to the session. This issue has now been resolved.
- Meeting Hosts and Presenters are now able to do more with the Adobe Connect Mobile. Check out https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/adobe-connect-mobile-help.html
- If you are experiencing technical difficulties, first thing to try is to use a different browser. If the problem persists, please refer to the suggestions here